DutyCalculator Help Center
- Import taxes explained
- Special cases
- About DutyCalculator
Will there be any extra charges from the shipping provider?
Additional charges will vary from company to company, however the shipping provider may charge:
- a customs clearance fee, or customs handling fee for processing the import declaration
- an advancement fee for paying the duty and VAT on behalf of the recipient
- an airline handling fee for loading and unloading the goods
- a security fee for screening or x-raying the goods
- a fee for preparing the customs declaration
See below examples of additional charges on goods shipped to the UK:
- Import handling fees by Royal Mail: £8 per parcel liable for customs charges
- Import handling fees by DHL for import to UK: £1.25, or 2% of the import duty & taxes due, whichever is the greater.
- Import ancillary service fees by FedEx vary on the country of import.
- UPS charges include a disbursement fee of minimum $5, a transportation handling fee and a pre-release notification fee for import shipment