DutyCalculator Help Center
Import taxes explained
- The basics of import duty and taxes
- How to calculate import duty and taxes
- Who prepares the customs declaration
- Who pays import duty and taxes
- Minimum thresholds
- When to pay import duty and taxes
- Handling or brokerage fees
- Example calculation - golf clubs from China to USA
- Example calculation - guitar & amp from USA to UK
- Example calculation - laptop and dress from UK to Canada
- Special cases
- About DutyCalculator
- Tariff classification guidelines
No duty and VAT will be payable if the goods have been repaired free of charge and you can provide a copy of the guarantee/warranty agreement to your shipping provider for presentation to customs.
If you have to pay for the repair, duty and VAT will be charged on the repair costs only.
If the goods have been replaced free of charge under guarantee or warranty, no duty is payable. However, VAT is payable on the full value of the goods because all replacement items are treated as new goods for VAT purposes.