DutyCalculator Help Center
Import taxes explained
- The basics of import duty and taxes
- How to calculate import duty and taxes
- Who prepares the customs declaration
- Who pays import duty and taxes
- Minimum thresholds
- When to pay import duty and taxes
- Handling or brokerage fees
- Example calculation - golf clubs from China to USA
- Example calculation - guitar & amp from USA to UK
- Example calculation - laptop and dress from UK to Canada
- Special cases
- About DutyCalculator
- Tariff classification guidelines
- Guaranteed DDP
I am shipping my personal belongings to country in the EU; Do I have to pay duties and VAT?
You may be entitled to relief from duty and VAT on your personal belongings if you are moving or returning to the EU, and have owned the goods for at least six months.
Otherwise duty and VAT will be assessed based on a fair market value for the goods.